We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Low pressure, natural and immediate remedies to raise it. Symptoms, causes and lots of useful information on how to behave in case of arterial hypotension.
Low blood pressure, symptoms
THE low blood pressure symptomsby now we all know them: we feel more tired, more fatigued, we are not very reactive, we have little desire to do and maybe we feel a sense of vertigo especially when we get out of bed. In more extreme cases, low blood pressure can give birthsymptomslike:
- dizziness, severe dizziness
- continuous exhaustion
- dizziness (feels like being on a boat in the open sea)
- haze of sight
- cold sweat
Fortunately, there are some natural remedies which prove to be very effective in restoring a normal blood pressure level. Let's see first, however, what the possible ones arecauses of arterial hypotension.
Low blood pressure, causes
If you have found out that you suffer fromlow pressure, do not underestimate this symptom and contact your doctor. There are some medical conditions (diseases) that can be thecauseof thelow pressureand in this case, none better than thefamily doctorcan help you. Thecausesmore common than thelow pressure I'm:
- Excessive sweating from heat (Turkish bath, sauna ...) or excessive nervous sweating, excessive sweating linked to dehydration.
We have specified the type of sweating because physical activity, in a healthy person, increases blood pressure.
Those suffering from low blood pressure should ensure the right daily water intake.
- Unbalanced nutrition
- Psychophysical stress
- Intense heat
Let's see immediatelywhat to do in case of low blood pressure forraise up, immediately, blood pressure levels.
Low blood pressure, immediate remedies
What to do immediately to raise the pressure?Okay, set aside water and sugar and swallow a glass of water and salt or baking soda.
Table salt (chemically known as sodium chloride) and bicarbonate (chemically known as sodium hydrogen carbonate) have one thing in common, they bring sodium to the body. Sodium increases the osmotic charge and induces an increase in blood pressure.
If you feel faint, lie down slowly and raise your legs. If a friend of yours passes out, raise his legs (with respect to the torso) to allow the blood to return to the heart.
How to prevent a drop in blood pressure
After seeing what to do immediately, let's see immediately how to prevent a drop in blood pressure.
- Nutrition: what to eat
In the list of natural remedies for low blood pressureindeed, to prevent blood pressure from lowering, it is necessary to include healthy eating habits.
Give preference to fruit and vegetables but above all try to drink at least 1.5 liters of water throughout the day. Water, in fact, has a high function of restoring pressure values and helps to keep it stable. Increase the amount of sodium in your food. In addition to cooking salt, escarole, raw ham and parmesan cheese are also rich in sodium.
Licorice is perhaps the simplest remedy as well immediate against hypotension: just suck a pure licorice candy or the classic licorice stick.
- Roibos tea
Regular intake of Roibos tea can be very useful; a cup contains several mineral salts and a large amount of vitamin C, thus revealing itself as a powerful tonic capable of supplementing the lack of mineral salts that may be the basis of hypotension.
- Pomegranate juice
The juice of this fruit contains many vitamins, in particular vitamin A, those of group B and vitamin C, and also contains a fair amount of tannins, a substance with invigorating and refreshing properties.
What to eat in case of low blood pressure?Read the list of foods that contain sodium (sodium in foods), not recommended for those suffering from high blood pressure but ideal for those with low blood pressure.
Natural remedies for low blood pressure
- Practice regular physical activity without making any effort and in the cooler hours: early in the morning or in the evening.
- Always drink a glass of water before taking a shower. Hot water acts as a vasodilator so, if you already suffer from low blood pressure, it could cause it to drop further.
- When you feel a little subdued, take a cold shower or, if you can, immerse yourself in the pool: cool water, as opposed to hot, facilitates vasoconstriction.
- Avoid moving quickly, especially if you have been lying on your back or sitting for a long time.
- If you feel dizzy, lie down slowly and keep your legs raised, this position favors the venous return to the heart avoiding fainting.
- Avoid standing still for a long time, lie down and raise your legs or, forprevent pressure drops, you can walk in order to improve venous return.
- Do not go out during the hottest hours of the day and avoid further exertion or excessive fatigue.
- Wear clothes in natural fabrics so as not to sweat too much and always wear a hat in the sun. Avoid black or dark fabrics, light colors, especially white, reflect different wavelengths without accumulating heat.
- Try to stay cool. The not excessive use of air conditioning or the fan are a valid help against pressure drops.
These tips should be followed on a daily basis.
Does taking water and sugar in case of low blood pressure help?
Here is a myth to dispel!
They will certainly have advised you to drink water and sugar in case of a sudden drop in blood pressure. No need! Better to raise the legs to facilitate the flow of blood to the heart muscle and drink a glass of fresh water with a little salt. Yes, water and salt can be useful, especially if you feel dizzy and faint. After the water and salt, you can take a piece of parmesan or raw ham.
It may interest you: high blood pressure, remedies
You might also be interested in the article on Finnish sauna: can it be done with low blood pressure? Find out!